OKR COACH CURRICULUM
Our role-based certification program to make the most out of OKR
Learn how to support teams to get the most out of OKRs
Changing the way you work with goals through OKRs has the potential to create new ways of working that increase focus, strengthen alignment, and create faster learning cycles throughout the organization. Who will be sustainably supporting the teams long-term to make the most out of the agile framework in your organization? This is where the OKR Coach comes into play.
- Deeper OKR Knowledge on team context
- Supports the teams (in the pilot phase)
- Facilitates OKR events
- Coaches for valuable OKR Definition
90-day hands-on OKR Coach Curriculum
OKR Coach Curriculum is for
- OKR practitioners who would like to enrich their OKR knowledge with a systemic perspective and tools to better support their peers in the OKR process
- Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches and other change agents in the organization who (want to) use OKRs and learn more about how to drive ongoing change with OKRs and intentionally design the OKR System for teams
- All people in organizations (relatively) new to OKRs wishing to learn more about tools to support teams in the process
Join us for this exclusive, interactive online experience to
- Understand the OKR Coach role, its challenges and benefits
- Practice helpful facilitation techniques for OKR Definition, OKR Check In and OKR Reflection formats
- Understand the change aspects of working with OKRs and practice tools to successfully facilitate the journey in your teams
- Deepen your practice to define Key Results and learn about leading and lagging indicators
- Understand how to connect OKRs to frameworks like Scrum and Kanban and existing processes like roadmaps in the teams working with OKRs
- Understand how to find the right OKRs for a team, connect OKRs to actual problems and strategic focus topics
- Learn about the Responsibility process, how it can enhance your OKR practice and discuss challenges around taking responsibility
- Learn how to individually design the OKR System for each team and discuss case studies and own examples
- Share and learn with fellow OKR practitioners and create a strong foundation for your next steps with OKRs in an OKR Coach role
You will journey through 6 modules plus 3 Group Coachings and Q&A Calls at the end of the program to connect the dots:
Focus: Supporting teams in the OKR process
- Intro, Recap OKR Foundations, Roles & Responsibilities
- OKR Business Integration (Business problems, process integration)
- OKR Bootcamp: How to find and define the “right” OKRs
- OKR Event Facilitation (OKR Definition, OKR Check-In, OKR Reflection and more)
- OKR Mindset: Change and Responsibility
- Individual Approach: OKR System Design for teams, Challenges, good practices
Plus: 3 Coaching Calls for support and Q/A at the end of the program
Plus: 45 min Coaching Call with Natalija Hellesoe for your individual questions, next steps and successful implementation
APPLICATION IS KEY
- We believe a broad and complex subject like OKRs is best taught through a modular, practical approach – so you can learn step by step and implement it right away.
- Therefore, our trainings are stretched out over 90 days, giving you enough time in between the modules to digest the content, experiment in your context and reflect to make sure that you take away more than just theoretical knowledge.
- To become certified, you will need to complete your assignment – your individual OKR application roadmap.
- Each module is short, focused and interactive to make the most out of the live experience and complemented by additional materials, preparation, reflection exercises and more.
- Each module lasts 90 minutes and follows the “Training from the back of the room” approach to maximise your learning outcome
DEEPEN YOUR LEARNINGS
- Every program also contains
3 Coaching Calls and Q/A sessions at the end of the program to connect the dots
After the training, we want you to profit from an international community for your future endeavours.
During your training you will be introduced to our vibrant (and free) OKR practitioner community sharing and learning from each other on Slack, in monthly remote meetups and open spaces.
We believe in the power of sharing so the broad OATC community is free and open for everyone! Additionally we do also have designated forums for OKR Coaches and OKR Process Owners.
- 3 hours Self-Study Online Training for shared OKR Foundations (with video material, reflection and application exercises)
- 18 hours of live in-depth practical training in focused and interactive 3 hour modules to make the most out of the live experience
- Learn from trainers with extensive practical knowledge and profit from different perspectives with guest facilitators from our international network
- Many real-life examples, case studies and mutual exchange with other participants from different backgrounds
- 3 live group Coaching Calls to connect the dots and support your practical application
What you will get as well
- Introduction to our vibrant (and free) OKR practitioner community sharing and learning from each other on Slack, in monthly remote meetups, designated forums for OKR Coaches and Process Owners and Open Space events.
- Continue your learning journey within and beyond the course with workbooks, slide decks, links to all collaboration boards and extensive additional materials.
- Templates and checklists to drive ongoing change in your organization
- OKR Coach Certification after completion of the practical assignment
Join us for this training to build competencies
to support teams in their processes and
make the most out of OKRs!
> Regular: 2.995 EUR
> Early bird (until 15.03.2022): 2.495 EUR
> Super Early bird (until 31.01.2022): 1.995 EUR
We do also offer the program (customized) inhouse, just contact us for more information.
We want to give you the opportunity to learn from trainers with extensive practical knowledge and profit from different perspectives.
To enhance the learning experience with different perspectives, several guest facilitators from our international network will bring their specific knowledge into the OKR Coach and OKR Process Owner curriculum as well for you to enjoy and learn from in various modules.
This OKR Coach Curriculum will be mainly facilitated by Natalija Hellesoe.
Natalija has been working within People Development and Transformation since 2010 before starting her own business offering an entire ecosystem of training and coaching focusing on Leadership & Responsibility, Objectives & Key Results and Agile HR & Learning.
In 2020, she published the practical book “OKRs at the center: How to drive change with goals and create the organization you want” together with Sonja Mewes via Sense & Respond Press. As the founder of okrs-at-the-center.com, she strives to create a collaborative platform, in which OKR practitioners inside and outside of companies can explore the possibilities of developing organizations with OKRs at the heart of their transformation.
The guests from our international network:
For each cohort, 1-2 guest facilitators from our international network will join us to share their knowledge and discuss OKRs with you.
The guests for the fall cohort have not yet been confirmed, but check out our amazing guests from the last cohort as an example:
Want to find out if this is the right program to get the most out of OKRs in your context?
Schedule a short call with us to find out!
The upcoming training does not fit in with you schedule?
You can sign up for our updates about the next trainings here:
What others are saying about our services ...
BAUER MEDIA GROUP
Value for our organization
An OKR implementation does not work with a one-size-fits-all approach. Thanks to Sonja we now have a customized OKR System that we can continuously improve based on our needs. Especially showing us our maturity around the definition of Objectives and Key Results helped us to tremendously increase the value our OKR Systems bring to our organization.
Agile organizational developer EOS
Tremendous practical experience
We got introduced to OKRs in an international company. To actually understand the concept, we decided to organize a 2-day workshop for our Agile Coaches. And that was well worth it. that Sonja and Natalija do not only have textbook knowledge about OKRs, but tremendous practical experience. You could feel that in every comment made - that was really impressive. We as Agile Coaches left the two days full of inspiration. Now we will start to form a team around a shared goal.
Great dynamic with the group
Very focused and goal-oriented coaches with lots of "real-life" experience, great dynamic with the group and they allow enough space for individual questions!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, that is possible. Please write an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org to request that.
Yes, refunds are possible until 7 days prior to the training in case you cannot participate. After that refunds are no longer available.
Due to the possibility to refund your ticket up to 7 days before the training, the training can only be confirmed by then. In case less than 4 participants have signed up for the training, it would be cancelled. If that happens, we will find individual solutions with new dates or other formats that suit your needs and reach out to you directly to discuss options.
Yes, you can transfer the ticket to another person within your company. Please inform us via Email at email@example.com before doing that. The remote consulting offer will then also be transferred to the person actually participating in the workshop.
The offer to schedule a 45 minute call for individual remote consulting after your training is valid for 8 weeks. After that, the offer will expire without any financial compensation.
OKRs AT THE CENTER Academy
The OKRs AT THE CENTER Academy offers learning and development programs that support organizations on their journey towards increased focus, autonomy and value-creation through OKRs. The programs focus on improving OKR knowledge and practical application in their company as well as building internal competencies and roles to successfully work with OKRs.
The OATC Academy offers open and customized trainings and certifications in English and German for “OKR Foundations”, “OKR Coach” and “OKR Process Owner” roles and surrounding topics.
More about our programs
Why this training?
These days, we often hear people talk about “transformation” at their companies. But how can you actually get moving and create good and sustainable momentum for ongoing changes in your organization?
Goals are embedded in the organizational system - they live at the center of everything you do. Therefore, changing the way you work with goals through concepts like OKRs has the potential to inspire new ways of working in the whole organization. Higher focus, alignment, transparency, and measurability for all employees at every level are often the first realized benefits. Higher value-creation, self-responsibility and becoming a learning organization are other potentials that can be unlocked through OKRs.
Yet many companies working with OKRs fall short of their expectation because there is no one way to work with them. Differently designed OKR Systems can lead to a variety of benefits,one cycle at a time, based on your starting point and what kind of organization you want to create in the future!
This training builds on the foundation to understand OKRs as a concept and leverage their potential for organizational development by supporting your teams to use OKRs in an intentional way and make the most of it!
Join us for this training to build competencies
to support teams in their processes and
make the most out of OKRs!
About your facilitator
Trainer & Coach
Natalija is a trainer, coach and chance-taker. She is keen on exploring new ways of working, living and learning and always striving to inspire people to redefine what is possible.
Natalija has been working within People Development and Transformation teams since 2010 before starting her own business. Her work is shaped by living in and working with many different countries, cultures, and customers. She supports companies wanting to increase focus, autonomy, and value creation. She offers an entire ecosystem of training and coaching, focusing on Leadership & Responsibility, (Remote) Collaboration and Learning.
Natalija works with organizations at different stages of their OKR journey—from first "Know-how" workshops to OKR Practitioner coaching and organizational development.